19 Biblical Absolutes, Fundamentals and Truths
While doctrine is vitally important it is not a strong enough foundation to bear the weight of His glory that is about to be revealed through true unity. There are major changes in the “wind” right now. For the last several years people have started to gather around fathers instead of doctrine.
Senior Pastor of Bethel Church in Redding, California
No Doctrine is the New Doctrine
Sadly, this kind of silver-tongued devil talk, this doctrine of demons, is now normal. The “anything goes” move away from the fundamental doctrines of the Church is the narrative spreading like wild fire in the body of Christ. No longer do we (the Church) have to evangelize an ungodly world. Today believers have to explain to people inside the Church why homosexuality is an abomination to God, why women are not permitted by God to Pastor or Shepard a congregation, or why same-sex marriage is ungodly, and how it is God that established the institution of marriage.
Across the board mainstream denominations are moving toward a “social gospel” and away from sound doctrine. But isn’t this exactly what the apostle Paul said would happen:
‘Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. ‘
I Timothy 4:1-3
False teachers don’t show up dressed in black come before the congregation and say “Hi I’m a messenger from Satan and I’m your new Pastor”. No, he will have the right credentials, he will know the right text, speak eloquently and use 80% truth, to get that 20% of false teaching in. Just enough to take the congregation down.
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.…
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
Those rock solid fundamentals, absolutes and sound doctrine sound really good in this dark and very cold world. What a comfort to know that our Lord Jesus Christ (The Word) will never change, He will always be faithful, Holy and Just.
‘Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. ‘
Not a complete list by any means.
1. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
2. The Gospel is that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead three days later. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
3. Salvation is by faith alone, believing the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; without keeping the Mosaic law. Romans 3:21-22 Romans 4:5 Romans 8:3,4 Ephesians 2:8,9
4. We are no longer under the Law but under Grace. Romans 6:14, 2 Corinthians 3:7
5. Christians fulfill the moral law by faith in God apart from the Mosaic Law. Grace age believers are baptized by God into the Body of Christ, given a new nature, sealed and indwelled with the Holy Spirit. Galatians 2:20-21, Romans 13:10, Colossians 2:6-7
6. Hell and the Lake of Fire are real literal places. Unbelievers will be resurrected out of hell and appear before Jesus Christ in their new bodies to face Judgement at the Great White Throne. Then cast into the lake of fire eternally separated from God. Revelation 20:13-14 Romans 2:16 Revelation 20:11-15 Matthew 13:42 Matthew 25:41
7. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission [forgiveness] of sin. Hebrews 9:22
8. Jesus Christ resurrected bodily. Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 15:14-15
9. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6
10. There is no other way by which mankind can be saved but through Jesus Christ. John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5
11. The SIN Dilemma. We are sinners not because we break God’s Law, we break God’s laws because we are sinners. Romans 5:12, 18, Psalm 51:5
12. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the creator and sustainer of everything. John 1:1, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2
13. The inerrancy of the Scripture. Psalms 12:6-7; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20
14. The communion table is the time of reverential contemplation of Jesus Christ finished work of the cross. I Corinthians 11:26
15. God created mankind; God created male and female. . Genesis 1:26,27, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6-8
16. God established the institution of marriage. Marriage is between one man and one woman. Genesis 2:22-24, Matthew 19:4-6, Hebrews 13:4-7
17. God will fulfill His promises to the Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David after the Body of Christ, His Church is Removed. (Romans 11:25) The 7 years of tribulation begins. At the end of the 7 years, Christ will defeat Satan and the 1000 year reign on earth begins. Genesis 12:1-4, Genesis 13:15, Genesis 17:1-16, Genesis 26:2-5, 28:10-17, Exodus 2:24, Exodus 19:1-6, Leviticus 26:42, Deuteronomy 4:32-40, Deuteronomy 7:6-8, 2 Samuel 7:14-17, 1 Chronicles 16:14-22, Psalm 2, Psalm 89:27-37, Psalm 105:6-11, Isaiah 2, Isaiah 9:6,7, Isaiah 11:6-9, Isaiah 60:1-3, Isaiah 65:17-25, Jeremiah 23:3-6, Jeremiah 31: 31-40 (new covenant) Jeremiah 32:37-44*, Jeremiah 33:19-22, Ezekiel 16:8, Ezekiel 36:22-29, Daniel 2:44, Hosea 14, Joel 2:28-32, Zechariah 9:9-10, Zechariah 14:9*, Malachi 2:10, Malachi 3:1, Luke 1:31-33*, Luke 1:54,55, Luke 1:68-74, Acts 3:25, Acts 7:8, Romans 11, Romans 15:8*
18. The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27
19. Substitutionary Atonement of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 3:25, Romans 5:8 Thank you for reading. If you have any questions you can leave them below. Mesa Bible Study “It’s all grace or nothing at all”